Tuesday 1 March 2011

Kirsty and Jake get riding honours

My Monday selections ran with credit, but still only one winner, the overall nap Sweet Origin at 1/2. Riding honours on Monday went to Jake Greenall for his great ride on Shadows Lengthen at Catterick. Held up, he swept around the field and smoothly took it up between the last two and went away well. You can see on the following link and type the horse's name on the right tab. Racing UK Replays
Today was an interesting day. I picked a quick nap for a home competition, and it won at 4/1. Tim the Chair at Leicester recovered well from a shocking error two from home to reel in Beware Chalk Pit on the run-in. Ride of the Day today went to Kirsty Milczarek for her brilliant and maybe a tad lucky ride on Clearing House in the 5.25 Lingfield. Definitely one to look at on the Attheraces website if you can.
Tomorrows selections now: Avoca Promise e/w (2.10 Folkstone), Rate Of Knots (4.10 Folkestone), Kauto The Roc (4.20 Bangor), Jackson Cage (5.20 Bangor), Round Won (5.40 Kempton), Ridley Didley (3.30 Wolverhampton), Evey P e/w (4.30 Wolverhampton).
The jumps nap is Jackson Cage. The overall nap would be Round Won, but I feel Evey P merits a strong look at Wolves.

Good Luck

2 comments:

  1. Hi Will,
    Sorry I've not posted for a few days.
    I will be interested to see how your jumps selections get on today. Good luck with them.
    The events of the last couple of weeks have left me with some concerns about the future of jumps racing. Despite all of the fixtures lost to the severely cold weather there have been some very small fields recently, and the agonising finish to the Eider last Saturday did nothing to improve the sport's image.
    A possible explanation is that there are less and less truely jumps bred animals with stamina-laden pedigrees running in NH races these days.
    I'm thinking of e-mailing Tanya "Sonic" Stevenson of Channel 4 racing on this subject. Do you think it will make it onto the programme?

    All the best from Big Nose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Will,
    I haven't really got time to send this but I thought I would anyway. All I want to share with the group is that I have officially got CHELTERS BELLY. It affects the nervous system and concentration levels. Should be better in about 16 days by which time my pockets will be full of bookmakers money! This weekend I will be sorting out my bets and I will let you know my selections then. Love Mum XX

    ReplyDelete