Sunday 6 May 2012

Other Selections on 1000 Guineas Day

We will start off with Newmarkets' supporting card, kicked off at 2.05 with a mile and a half handicap. I like the chances of Rock A Doodle Doo here, who won well at Ascot last year the last time Martin Dwyer was aboard, then ran well despite trouble in running at Royal Ascot, and before those, he might have won first time out last season if it wasn't for trouble in running at Epsom. He has to go well, as a strong each way selection if it stays 4 places.
At 3.50, there is a devilishly difficult 6 furlong handicap, with about 25 runners charging down the Rowley Mile. I am going to chance Escape To Glory each way, I've followed him this season, fancying strongly last time where he was produce a little late to lose by a short head, and with a strong finish again, and a low weight, may be worth a look at around 25/1.
In the lucky last at 5.35, a 10 furlong handicap for 3 year olds, I like the chances of Sparkling Portrait, who won in determined fashion at Beverley last time, is race fit, and will be overpriced here and you will get a very good run for your money.
Now we turn our attentions to Salisbury, where Richard Hughes is the star in attendance. In the feature race there today, the City Bowl at 2.20, I like Albert Bridge, who looks progressive for a yard I really like in Ralph Beckett. On a Stable Tour recently, he said this horse "needs soft ground and is getting better with experience". I think he will be very competitive here.
In the following Conditions race at 2.55, I think Tassel is the one to beat, but I do like Edged Out as an each way option. She got the hang of things late on at Newbury on debut, finishing really well, and with the dead 8 runners, I would hard pressed to leave her out of calculations.
Finally for Salisbury in the 4.45 race, I am currently following Haaf A Sixpence. He has definitely improved lately and looks very solid on the Polytrack, so I'm not to sure about Soft ground on the Turf but Ralph Beckett said in that Stable Tour that "he can win another one".
Now we go North of the Border to Hamilton. My first selection runs in the Tangerine Trees Conditions Stakes at 3.25. I really like Stonefield Flyer and think he good value here providing he has trained on. He ran really well at Royal Ascot and is the apple of trainer Keith Dalglieshs' eye. I think he'll win.
In the 5.10, my nap of the day is running. I really like Marhaba Malyoon, who was last seen running in the Derby and before that, the Lingfield Derby Trial. He has been off since then, but surely should be capable off a mark of 78 here, and is a long way for David Simcock to go. I can't see him out the three, and could easily rout these.
Good Luck to whatever you decide to do today & Enjoy
Will

ADVISED:
                   1pt E/W Rock A Doodle Doo 2.05 NMkt
                   0.5pt E/W Escape To Glory 3.50 NMkt
                   2pts E/W Sparkling Portrait 5.35 NMkt
                   1pt WIN Albert Bridge 2.20 Salisbury
                   2pts E/W Edged Out 2.55 Salisbury
                   3pts WIN Stonefield Flyer 3.25 Hamilton
                   4pts WIN Marhaba Malyoon 5.10 Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment